Welcome to our new Website
The first day of the 2018/2019 school year is Tuesday, August 28. As we gear up for another great year of learning and achievement, we are excited to announce the launch of our new ADA Compliant Website for PCSD 25.
Effective communication with the parents, students, and other members of our district community is very important us. As we work to enhance our communication, here are some of the features of the new website that we hope will better serve your needs:
- A more modern and user-friendly site.
- Consistent formatting between the district and school building pages.
- A responsive site that adapts to a variety of devices such as phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
- Calendar of Events and Spotlight features so you can stay up-to-date on current events and district achievements.
- ADA Compliance to meet all federal and state American Disability Act (ADA) requirements.
- New! Superintendent’s Blog and Mission pages detailing PCSD 25’s commitment to Visible Learning.
Why ADA Compliance Matters
Maintaining an ADA Compliant website is our new standard moving forward. The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with various disabilities. Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act addresses technology and web content, and how these items need to be accessible to individuals with disabilities. Organizations that receive federal funding of any kind are required to abide by these standards. ADA Compliance is a serious issue and should not be taken lightly (excerpted in part from Schoolpointe.com).
As we roll out, we are continuing to add new information daily and will continue to do so to keep the website up-to-date. With a project this large, there are likely to be tweaks that need to be made along the way. We encourage you to take a look around and provide feedback to make the information you need the most as easy to access as possible.
We look forward to seeing you and your students in our halls and classrooms soon.
Dr. Doug Howell
Pocatello/Chubbuck School District 25