President: Amy Mayer
Vice President: Victoria Teuscher
Secretary: Julie Hafen
Treasurer: Gabe Allen
PTA meetings are held in the media center every second Thursday at 2:30 p.m. in October, December, February, April and at 7:00 p.m. in November, January, March, and May.
Indian Hills' PTA is an active one that provides many benefits for our students. Its effectiveness depends upon your support. Please consider joining PTA and volunteering to support one of the many projects and activities that are planned for the year. Your children and others will benefit from your gift of time and talent. The cost is $8 for an individual and $15 for a family.
The following are just a few of the programs and/or activities the PTA coordinates:
- Art Moms & Dads Program: Trained parent volunteers present lessons about artists and their works, then students create artwork using the artists' techniques, media and/or subjects. A school-wide art fair and auction is held for the public in April. If you are interested please contact Erica Hill at 801-879-6865 (text or call).
- Literacy Programs: PTA encourages our students to read and love books through book swaps, reading competitions, and books purchased for students to take home.
- Book Fairs: These are held different times throughout the year to bring more books to our students and raise money to support our literacy program. Additional books are bought to help supply our classrooms and media center.
- Box Tops: The PTA collects Box Tops for Education. These coupons translate into funds that teachers can use in their classrooms to purchase materials and support activities.
- Coke Rewards: The PTA also collects Coke Rewards for teachers to earn art and PE supplies. There are containers in classrooms for students to drop off reward codes (found in boxes and bottle caps).
- Yearbooks: PTA makes it possible for students to remember the school year with pictures of activities and events.
- Teacher Appreciation: PTA does different things throughout the school year to show support and appreciation to teachers, administrators and staff for the hard work they do for our students.
- Field Day: Students are able to participate in fun outdoor activities on the last day of school.